About the position
This position will be required to perform effective component maintenance which includes inspection, operational test, repair, and where required, modification of aircraft electrical / avionic systems. Main job responsibilities will include:
- Perform the full range of repair duties, on assigned components, under the general supervision of the immediate superior.
- Perform repair / overhaul / modification of components according to the requirements specified by the relevant approved data.
- Perform scheduled / unscheduled maintenance on aircraft components in accordance with manufacturer's requirements and all other directives.
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and operational checks on avionics systems and components.
- Participate in product audit exercises (where and when necessary) to ensure that Satair's practice / repair overhaul procedure is 100% aligned with the OEM requirement.
- Collaborate (where / when necessary) with customer support, OEM and Satair's management to resolve issues concerning aircraft systems modifications and repairs.
- Perform requisition of materials necessary for the jobs in accordance to specified procedures
- Higher NITEC in an Electronics Engineering discipline with 1 year of work experience. Inexperienced Diploma holders in Aerospace Avionics will be considered.
- Candidates with CAAS papers (Avionics Workshop) will have an added advantage.
- Experienced in soldering.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance day-to-day tasks with continuous improvement.
- High level of energy and persistence and "can-do" attitude.
a unique opportunity to join a fast growing agile international company where you will become part of a well-functioning multinational team and work closely with our product managers, customer order desk, marketing, supply chain and sales colleagues to reach your objectives. Therefore, you will be encouraged to engage, share knowledge and ideas. Your talent, experience and ability to influence the agenda will be valued.
Satair is investing in unique skills and development of people through internal and external training, coaching and professional development programmes to ensure a clear career path of advancement.
Send your application
If this sounds like you, please send us your application and experience what it is like to be part of a global team of exceptional individuals driven by a customer centric and innovative mind-set, a can-do attitude and world-class excellence in everything we do.