About the position
Reporting to the Manager - Warehouse, this position will be responsible in leading a team of warehouse operations personnel to ensure correct placement on receipt, correct and stringent quality checks in picking for shipment of products. He/She will deliver on warehouse performance criteria/s through the professional development and job satisfaction of his/her team members.
- Plan / delegate team priorities on a daily basis as appropriate, authorise team members leave requests and follow up periods of absence / sickness
- Ensure the team members have sufficient training to do their job properly, to be able to cover for each other and provide a flexible service
- Take an active part in the interview and assessment and review stages for new team members
- Check the correct parts are picked, packed and processed with appropriate paperwork accompanying the goods from the point of packing through to dispatch. Parts that are not required are put back straight in to stock and scanned away
- Deal with internal and external queries regarding the warehouse processes
- In the event orders / shipment are cancelled (for any reason) ensure the appropriate documents are cancelled off of the system and that the goods are consolidated back with the original batch (if applicable)
- Suggest process improvements and implement where agreed with the line manager
- Advice Management if goods / shipments are not going to be dispatched in the required time scale, so appropriate action can be taken
- Ensure that documented processes are followed, highlighting areas of improvement/change. If agreed ensuring that necessary documentation is then updated and communicated to relevant parties
- Delivery of training/refresher training on new and existing procedures and initiatives in cooperation with HR
- Ensure that a clean and productive working environment is maintained at all times
- Monitor the daily workflow and adjust resources as needed to meet objective
- Conduct picking and processing of orders in the correct priority sequence
- Conduct order quantity changes and confirm on system
- Pack and generate release notes and put with the required order
- Carry out stock checks when requested
- Assist Manager - Warehouse with coordinating urgent AOG despatches as and when required
- Work in a back-up capacity mode as needed
- Comply with Satair’s mission, values and Quality Management procedures
- Maintain the quality level for area of responsibility within the Warehouse
- Participate in optimizing Satair business procedures through Satair’s IT systems, including the ERP-system and Lotus Notes
- Participate in Satair project groups
- Keep the line manager informed of the status of agreed tasks and of any critical problem areas
- Comment/advise on undesirable conditions within the organization, and propose potential solutions for improvements
- Identify and offer suggestions to improve efficiency
- To be well informed about and familiar with the latest developments in Satair's business
- Participate in occupational safety and health efforts
- Contribute towards a positive and inspiring working environment
- Diploma in a related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant leadership experience
- Be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Experienced working with ERP system, preferably SAP
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team with good teamwork and have an eye for details.
- Able to work in afternoon or night shift if assigned
a unique opportunity to join a fast growing agile international company where you will become part of a well-functioning multinational team and work closely with our product managers, customer order desk, marketing, supply chain and sales colleagues to reach your objectives. Therefore, you will be encouraged to engage, share knowledge and ideas. Your talent, experience and ability to influence the agenda will be valued.
Satair is investing in unique skills and development of people through internal and external training, coaching and professional development programmes to ensure a clear career path of advancement.
Send your application
If this sounds like you, please send us your application and experience what it is like to be part of a global team of exceptional individuals driven by a customer centric and innovative mind-set, a can-do attitude and world-class excellence in everything we do.