For Satair’s office in Seletar, we are looking for an additional member to join our global IT Support team.
Our business is growing and so is IT Support as a support function. You will therefore become a part of a team consisting of seven skilled, motivated and engaged colleagues. IT Support is present in Singapore, Denmark, Germany and Miami. We work closely with our colleagues in IT, especially our IT System Specialists who manage the entire IT infrastructure.
Satair is a world leading supplier of aircraft parts and service solutions for aircraft maintenance and is fully owned by Airbus, a world leading aircraft manufacturer. Satair employs approximately 1,400 people worldwide and Airbus employs approximately 136,000.
Reporting to Head of IT Support you will work within the area of global IT support with our overseas colleagues. The position as enables you to work in an environment with worldwide network.
About the position
- Assist users in their daily setting up the PC equipment such as laptops and desktops, including printers on the network, scanners, handheld devices , smartphones and the like
- Contribute to developing, maintaining and supporting our PC platform by helping users with IT-related issues, questions or technical needs.
- Operate and maintain Windows server environment, including security measurements and antivirus
- Ensure that Satair’s users have efficient and optimal equipment for the conduct of their tasks
- Ensure that users get technical problems resolved as soon as possible
- Ensure that users are running on a stable and supported PC environment
- Ensure that Satair has a stable and updated user platform that fits the overall business requirements
- Manage client software composition and version
- Monitor automatic jobs and resolve or escalate any Monitor hardware and interfaces to external parties
- Manage software and ensure that Satair has paid for all licenses in use
- Manage printer setup and support
- Manage PC security and access control including security on portable PCs, virus check, disk encryption etc.
- Ensure procurement of IT equipment
- Keep hardware and software register updated
- Ensure management of PC pool and other lending equipment
- Train Satair employees in how to use PC’s and office applications
- Actively participate in regional activities identified and described by central IT
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skill; ability to see the bigger picture and derive mid to long term recommendations on way forward
- Ability to balance and align varying interests of stakeholders
- Diplomatic sense and open/‘out-of-silo’ mind-set, ability to build successful relations across functions and with all stakeholders
- Ability to work in an international context
- Technical IS/IT education on Diploma or above
- Solid knowledge of operations of Microsoft applications, enterprise applications (SAP) and other software solutions
- Solid knowledge of operations of IT and communication hardware and other technical equipment
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing helpdesk support
- Strong English skills both spoken and written
a unique opportunity to join a fast growing agile international company where you will become part of a well-functioning multinational team and work closely with our product managers, customer order desk, marketing, supply chain and sales colleagues to reach your objectives. Therefore, you will be encouraged to engage, share knowledge and ideas. Your talent, experience and ability to influence the agenda will be valued.
Satair is investing in unique skills and development of people through internal and external training, coaching and professional development programmes to ensure a clear career path of advancement.
Send your application
If this sounds like you, please send us your application and experience what it is like to be part of a global team of exceptional individuals driven by a customer centric and innovative mind-set, a can-do attitude and world-class excellence in everything we do.